Sunday, October 24, 2010

Into Great Silence

I watched the movie Into Great Silence this weekend. It's a must-see for every Christian. The film roughly covers a year in the life of the Carthusian monastery of the Grand Chartreuse, one of the most ascetic monasteries in the world. I cannot describe it, you just have to see the film. But here is one of the main lines that repeats throughout:

"Tu m'as seduit, o Seigneur, et moi, je me suis laisse seduire."
You have seduced me, O Lord; and me, I was seduced.

Thanks be to God...

2 Comments:

Blogger Jonathan Reed said...

I watched that documentary a couple of weeks ago, and I was absolutely stunned. It really impacted me in a powerful way.

October 24, 2010 at 9:28 PM  
Blogger Joel said...

Cool, Jonathan! What part moved you the most? I've been thinking about it today -- I think for me it was when the old withered monk is sitting with his shirt off and the young monk is messaging the medicinal cream into his skin. It was love; undignified, but pure and clean and humble.

October 25, 2010 at 8:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home