Tuesday, September 04, 2012

Tabernacle


I am outside.

I see the tabernacle inside.  I see the trees and the granite spires glowing in the western sun.  Within, I hear friendly people chirping greetings and pleasantries in the lilt of late afternoon, as well as the melodic cascading of water rippling down the city creek.  I smell the flowers in the gardens and the fragrance of freshly cut grass wafting over to me.

I want to go in, but how?  I don't see a door.

I circle around, hoping for a break in the concrete, a chink in the armor, an opening in the cloistered wall.  One corner ... then another ... and two more after that.  The square seems complete.  Until, at long last, I come to the place.  There is only one way.

Enter in at the strait gate.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home